QPR Report Twitter Feed

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Blackstock Speaks

-
- For "cutting-edge" news articles re QPR and football-in-general...For a site where differing opinions about QPR and football are encouraged without the ad-hominems: Visit the free-thinking and completely-independent QPR Report Messageboard. Post if you want. Or just read if you prefer. ALL perspectives genuinely welcomed! -

- Marking Five Years Since First Report of Gianni Paladini Investing in QPR


Virgin Media - Blackstock in the dark over future
- Dexter Blackstock does not know whether he has a long-term future at QPR following the decision to loan him out to Nottingham Forest.
- The 22-year-old, Rangers' leading goalscorer, revealed he faces an uncertain future after making his third appearance for Forest at Sheffield United on Monday. Both former QPR manager Paulo Sousa and team-mate Rowan Vine have spoken publicly of their shock at the club's decision to let him go.
- Blackstock said: "The manager at QPR has said he had no input in the decision but I wasn't aware of that at the time because the deal was done through agents.
-"I didn't know who had given clearance for the deal to go through until I had actually signed. Managers should make decisions like that, but it doesn't always work that way.
- "I wouldn't say it's over for me at QPR. As it stands at the moment I'm here on a six-match loan and then I go back to QPR. They are my club. I've got a year left down there and I've got to go back.
- "Whether there's a future for me there I don't know - that's another story. I think from the outside looking in everyone can see what is happening. I was by far and away the top goalscorer there this season on 12 - I think my closest challenger has five - and the manager and players didn't want me to go."
Virgin Media


Nott Forest Official Site - The Loan Ranger
Tue 14 Apr 2009
- Dexter Blackstock's move to The City Ground offered yet another reminder that football has not lost any of its capacity to surprise.
- The striker joined our Championship survival effort last month as he checked-in on a six-match loan from Queens Park Rangers.
- Blackstock is top of QPR's goal-scoring charts and both boss Paulo Sousa and team-mate Rowan Vine have publicly expressed their shock at the club's decision to let him head through the Loftus Road exit door.
- Sousa insists the 22 year old was loaned to us without his knowledge and the player himself reveals: "I was surprised to get the opportunity to come to Forest.
- "The manager at QPR has said he had no input in the decision but I wasn't aware of that at the time because the deal was done through agents - I didn't know who had given clearance for the deal to go through until I had actually signed.
- "Managers should make decisions like that but it doesn't always work that way.
- "I wouldn't say it's over for me at QPR. As it stands at the moment I'm here on a six-match loan and then I go back to QPR.
- "They are my club, I've got a year left down there and I've got to go back.
- "Whether there's a future for me there I don't know - that's another story.
- "I think from the outside looking in everyone can see what is happening. I was by far and away the top goal-scorer there this season on 12 - I think my closest challenger has five - and the manager and players didn't want me to go.
- "That's football. I just want to get some games and to come to a club like Forest is marvellous."
- The former England Under 21 international scored more than 30 goals for QPR following a move Southampton in August 2006.
- Billy Davies is hoping he can reproduce that kind of form on Trentside as we look to navigate a path to Championship safety.
- Blackstock insists: "People have said that I've come to Forest to prove myself but I don't have to do that to anyone.
- "I've been at QPR for three years and if I finish top goal-scorer this season, which looks likely, I will have earned that accolade twice.
- "I've scored goals consistently for QPR at this level and have managed to nick goals wherever I've been.
- "So it's not a case of me having to prove I can play in this league - I have no doubts about that.
- "Whether or not I'm wanted at QPR is up to them. If they don't want me it's not a problem because I'm sure I'll be able to find another club at a decent level.
- "I'm happy to be at Forest. There are other teams I could have gone to in the Championship when the opportunity to go out on loan became available but I just liked the feel of this club.
- "I liked the way Forest is run; the manager has been very successful at this level; the squad is very young and talented and the fan-base is impressive - everything about Forest appealed to me.
- "It was an opportunity I couldn't turn down.
- "I could have stayed at QPR and seen out the season, maybe started a few games, but that's not me.
- "For all I've done for QPR this season it's not like I felt I was really wanted at the club, otherwise I wouldn't be a Forest player now."
- Blackstock made his first appearance in our colours at Barnsley last Saturday and although his strike partner Robert Earnshaw scored our equaliser, the new boy had reason to be satisfied with his debut display.
- He adds: "I gather that 'Earnie' was playing up front on his own before I arrived and we all know that doesn't really suit him.
- "He's a goal-scorer and it's my job to help him by holding the ball up to allow him to get into space.
- "We complement each other and hopefully I'll get a few goals myself - I think it will work and we're going to have to make it work quickly because we haven't got much time."

- (Blackstock talked to the Forest programme editor before the Easter break)
Question Time


Any reasons for your current squad number?
It was the lowest number available when I arrived at the club.

Who is your roommate and has he any bad habits?
I haven't roomed with anyone at Forest yet as we travelled up to Barnsley on the day of the game. I've roomed with loads of people at QPR - guys like Rowan Vine and Fitz Hall and they were fine to share with.

How do you normally spend your days off?
I've got a one-year-old son, Ramirez, so it usually involves doing something with him.

What other sports are you good at and terrible at?
I'm really competitive at every sport I have a go at but I just can't get my head around golf. I've had lessons but I'm terrible. I know the lads at Forest are really in to table-tennis but I haven't had a go myself yet.

Who is the most annoying person to sit near on the team coach?
Gareth McClearly drove me mad on the trip to Barnsley with his poor banter.

Favourite TV programme?
'Grand Designs' - I'm into a bit of property development and that programme is decent.

Best practical joke witnessed in the dressing room?
One day at QPR one of the lads, Zesh Rehman, came in for training wearing the worst top anyone had ever seen. Unbeknown to him, the assistant manager got all the other lads to sign it and then hung it back on his peg.

Nickname at school?
I've always been known as 'Dex'.

If you could have free tickets to any event what would it be?
The Super Bowl. I'm not a particularly big fan of American Football but it seems like a massive event and at least I could say I've been to it.

Which four people (living or dead) would you invite to a dinner party?
Jay-Z, Michael Jordan, Pele and Muhammad Ali.

Funniest player played with?
It's difficult to pick out the funniest because I've played with a few clowns!

Toughest player played against?
It may sound like I'm stating the obvious but coming up against Rio Ferdinand was difficult to say the very least.

Who do you listen to on the radio?
I don't really listen to the radio much but on occasions when I do I opt for 1xtra.

Worst haircut at the club?
Arron Davies, who is taking it back to the '60s.

If you weren't a footballer what would you like to be?
I'd like to be a singer or rapper like Jay-Z. I can't sing and I can't rap but I'd love to be like him because he's the best

Nottingham Forest Official Site

Blog Archive