QPR Report Twitter Feed

Friday, April 10, 2009

Dexter Blackstock's Agent - Statement re Nottingham Forest Move and Sousa

-
- For a slew of "cutting-edge" articles and links to articles re QPR and football-in-general...For a site where differing opinions are encouraged - as long as the subject is football - but without the ad-hominems: Visit the completely-independent QPR Report Messageboard. Post if you want. Or just read if you prefer. ALL perspectives genuinely welcomed!


QPR Official Site - STATEMENT - RE DEXTER BLACKSTOCK

Statement from Eric Walters, the agent of Dexter Blackstock

- This statement is to clarify the situation regarding Dexter Blackstock and QPR.
- Dexter was unhappy at QPR for some time, as he had only started six of a possible 21 fixtures.
- He wasn't even on the bench for QPR's home fixture against Bristol City and seeing as he was the Club's top goalscorer, Dexter was unhappy about this situation.
- A few Clubs approached me for Dexter, including Nottingham Forest. I spoke with Gianni Paladini and he advised me that we needed to clear this with Paulo Sousa.
- Paulo came back from Portugal on March 26th at lunchtime. Dexter discussed the situation with Paulo, and he didn't say anything to Dexter about the possibility of him staying with QPR.
- At 4.00pm on March 26th 2009, Dexter signed the paperwork to complete his loan transfer to Nottingham Forest. - Eric Walters - QPR


Flashback: What Sousa Actually Said re Blackstock Departure

- The News of The World
"A baffled Sousa said: "The players had two days off and the board told me that Blackstock wasgoing to Forest on loan."

- Sunday Times
- “After our match against Bristol City two weeks ago, Dexter came to see me, said he wanted to go and [sporting director] Mr [Gianni] Paladini told me there was an agreement for him to leave. It is disappointing and frustrating but I just have to accept it.”

- PA Sport/Sporting Life
Sousa was informed only by sporting director Gianni Paladini that Blackstock was joining their Coca-Cola Championship rivals last week - a decision apparently made by owner Flavio Briatore.
...- "I gave the players two days off after the Bristol City game and when I came back Mr Paladini told me he had an agreement (for Blackstock) to go on loan," said Sousa.
- "It is a decision for the board and only they can answer it. I'm not frustrated, I said from the first day I have to adapt and try to do my best with the players I have."-

Blog Archive