QPR Report Twitter Feed

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Kevin Gallen Prepared to Play Non League

-
- If you're interested in up to-date QPR information without an agenda. Visit the free-thinking and completely-independent QPR Report Messageboard. For news and discussion about QPR and football-in-general....For a site, where only football matters are discussed...For a site where, differing opinions about QPR and football are welcomed without the ad-hominems and the shibboleths: Visit the QPR Report Messageboard. Recently Posted: Rodney Marsh Remembers and Flashback: "[Steve] Slade Looks Ahead"


Luton Today/Mark Wood - Gallens left in the tank
- Frontman keen to help Hatters regain league status
- Veteran striker Kevin Gallen has admitted that he could be swayed to stay at Kenilworth Road next season if the Hatters can keep the nucleus of their squad together.
- The former Milton Keynes Dons and QPR forward, who signed on at Kenilworth Road until the end of the season, revealed that he would love to be part of a promotion-winning team next term.
- He said: "I really do like it at Luton. I've had a great six months even though we've been relegated. I've enjoyed training. Mick is a very good manager and I like the way he wants to play football. There's a great team spirit.
- "We will see what happens in the summer. If they want me to sign we will have to sit down and see what happens. If I was offered something I would have to think about it very carefully.
-"There's nothing better than being part of a winning team and a team getting promoted. It's a great feeling and I've been a part if it a couple of times."
- Gallen has often helped glue the Hatters together this season and he thinks he still has plenty to offer.
- The 33-year-old said: "I think when I'm in there I can make a difference and make an impact. Not being big-headed, I know I can control the ball and pass it. It's nothing extraordinary.
- "The best way to play football is simple. There are quite a lot of young lads and I think they benefit when I'm out there because I speak to them.
- Communication is a big part of football. You can help people."
- And he believes Jack Wood's first inclusion on Town's bench in the 1-0 home defeat to Wycombe Wanderers on Tuesday night will have done the young full-back no end of good.
- Gallen said: "It's good for him. The gaffer said before the game that if someone does well in the reserves they will get their chance.
- "I think if we were winning tonight he would have come on.
- "It's maybe not fair to bring him on when we are chasing the game. The crowd doesn't look at the age."
- But Gallen was disappointed with the way the Hatters lost out to negative Wycombe.
- He added: "From the start it was 10 men behind the ball. They looked like they came for a draw and nicked a goal. We were really disappointed for obvious reasons.
- "Obviously they think we are good team. They were third in the league and supposed to be one of the best teams in the league. You wouldn't know which team is near the top and which is relegated.
- "We try and pass the ball as well as we can. We try and play a passing game and every time they got the ball they hit it long for their front man to chase it."
- Luton Today

Blog Archive