QPR Report Twitter Feed

Monday, April 13, 2009

New QPR Statement re De Canio, Harford and re Legal Action re Sousa

-
- For an array of "cutting-edge" news articles re QPR and football-in-general...For a site where differing opinions are encouraged - as long as the subject is football - but without the ad-hominems: Visit the completely-independent QPR Report Messageboard. Post if you want. Or just read if you prefer. ALL perspectives genuinely welcomed!


QPR Official Site - CLUB STATEMENT
- Contrary to reports in today's press suggesting Luigi De Canio was sacked from his position as First Team Coach at QPR in May 2008, the current Lecce boss has made the following statement.
- De Canio, the then Genoa Manager, had principally agreed to join the R's in the wake of Flavio Briatore's successful takeover of the Club, before eventually joining in October 2007.
- De Canio said: "It's not true that I was sacked by Queens Park Rangers Football Club, in fact, it was the very opposite.
- "I was offered a substantially improved deal to stay in West London, but my personal circumstances at the time led to me leaving.
- "I don't want to divulge the circumstances surrounding my departure, because it is personal. But I left with a very heavy heart."

- Furthermore, the Club can also confirm that Mick Harford - who filled the void left by former boss John Gregory on a temporary basis - was offered a deal to stay on at the Club, and was not sacked, as has been stated in some newspapers this weekend.- Harford said: "It is true that I was offered an improved deal to stay at the Club.
- "In addition, I was always of the understanding that I was only a temporary option and I was well aware that the Club were in talks to replace me with a new First Team Coach."

- Finally, the Club would like to reiterate that Paulo De Sousa's employment with the Club was terminated after it came to the Club's attention that Mr De Sousa had, without authority, divulged highly confidential and sensitive information. The Club, with legal advice, responded in this way to protect its position.
De Sousa, who won only seven of his 26 matches in charge, left the Club on Thursday.
Following reports today, the Club can also confirm that legal action will be taken in the coming days.
QPR

Blog Archive