QPR Report Twitter Feed

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Ainsworth on Plymouth Game & Contrasts Ian Holloway & Gary Waddock

-
Gareth Ainsworth/Kilburn Times - September 6, 2006

"... Ian Holloway against his old club - and I know Ollie well enough to say with certainty that he'll be up for this.He's a noisy character and he'll be getting the Plymouth dressing room fired up with an emotional speech before the game.
I think Ollie has something to prove to QPR - and, by the same token, Gary will want to show everyone that he's a worthy successor.
Gary's belief is that we should all be motivated for the game anyway. In terms of preparation, he's got superb attention to detail and we do a lot more work on ball skills and fitness than previously.
Obviously I hope we can take three points off Ollie on Saturday, but I won't forget the faith he showed by giving me a chance at QPR. I wasn't sure whether I'd get another deal at Cardiff, but Ollie was 100 per cent sure and told me 'I want to get you back to the player you were at Wimbledon'.
Ollie signed Rowly and myself at the same time and we'd both love to be involved on Saturday, but it looks like a race against time.
We're improving slowly, but there's no miracle cure for our injuries and, with so many games coming up in the next fortnight, the gaffer's made it clear he won't pick us unless we're 100 per cent fit.
Kilburn Times

Blog Archive