QPR Report Twitter Feed

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Holloway - Additional Post Match Comments re Gary Waddock

-
Plymouth Official Site - Holloway on Gary Waddock

SWEAT'S OFF FOR OLLIE

ARGYLE manager Ian Holloway revealed that he had made his peace with QPR manager Gary Waddock after the two teams had fought out a 1-1 draw at Home Park on Saturday.

Waddock replaced Holloway at Loftus Road after Argyle's new manager was put on gardening leave by his former employers earlier this year prior to severing his ties with Rangers in favour of taking charge of the Pilgrims.

That background to the game affected Holloway before the game.

"To be fair, I am glad today is over," he said afterwards, "because of my emotions.

"I have to be very careful. I will put it in horse's terms. I should not be sweating in the paddock before I run the race and, I have to say, I was probably a bit too lathered up for a horse of my experience."

Referring to Waddock, Holloway said: "At the end of the day, we are competitors and we are trying to win. For me, there are things that should have been said at the time that I lost my job, that were not.

"There were some things that were said that were very upsetting from my point of view, but I have already told him that.

"What brassed me off was that he said that was going to change the style of football overnight, and it was said over and over again

"I don't think that was what should have been said about the job that I did in the circumstances I had, when I gave the fella a job in the first place.

"Today, I shook his hand at the start and I shook it at the end.

"I have never been rude in my life."
Plymouth

Blog Archive