QPR Report Twitter Feed

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Mark Devlin Recuperation Update

-
Devlin sets his sights on a Posh return
By Jon Ritson - This is Wiltshire, August 30


MARK Devlin hopes his body will allow him a post-Posh return to work as he battles to beat the boredom' blues.

The club's chief executive is continuing to recuperate from the injuries he sustained in last month's plane crash, following Town's opening day win at Hartlepool United.

Devlin, pictured above with wife Jocie, may not be steering the County Ground ship at the moment but supporters can rest assured that he is hardly out of the loop.

He said: "I'm due again at the hospital today. I'm obviously still sore and aching but I don't feel too bad in myself.

"I can't say for sure at this stage but I'm now looking towards the home game with Peterborough United on September 16.

"The hope would then be that I can return to work on the Monday following that game but we'll have to see.

"I have to listen to my body and take note of it.

"As it stands, Bob Holt, Linda Birrell (club secretary) and the rest of the staff are running things and they've all made it clear they want me to focus on recuperating.

"Having said that, I'm speaking to Linda, Dennis (Wise) and am happy to deal with any queries.

"I'll be honest, I'm very, very bored and there's only so much day time television you can watch isn't there?

"Still, the results on the pitch are helping and hopefully Dennis and the players can continue to build on a great start."....

This is Windsor

Blog Archive