QPR Report Twitter Feed

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Marking One Year: Gianni Paladini Completes His First Year as QPR Chairman

-
Today marks the one year anniversary since Gianni Paladini officially became Chairman of Queens Park Rangers Football Club. (Subsequently, Antonio Caliendo became Chairman of QPR Holdings Ltd.) The official assumption of the Chairmanship came just over a month after the August 24th Board meeting which saw then-Chairman Bill Power voted out of the Chairmanship

QPR OFFICIAL SITE - 28 September 2005 Statement GIANNI PALADINI

Gianni Paladini has been appointed Chairman of Queens Park Rangers Football Club and QPR Holdings Ltd.


Interim Chairman Gualtiero Trucco has stepped down and the Board of Directors have unanimously chosen Paladini to take on the role on a full-time basis.
The changes were agreed at a Loftus Road Board Meeting on Wednesday afternoon and Paladini is delighted by the honour of this 'challenging but exciting' role.
"The Monaco investors have recommended that I be appointed Chairman and I am deeply honoured that the Directors have allowed me this opportunity.
"I hope now that after a period of instability we can all look forward to the brightest of futures at Loftus Road.
"We have a wonderful manager, an exciting and improving squad and a real opportunity to push for a place in the play-offs and even the Premiership.
"I believe these are wonderful times to be a QPR supporter and I just want to play whatever part I can in bringing both success and stability to this Club.
"I fully appreciate that supporters will have been a little bewildered by recent events and I wish that so much of what has happened could have happened differently.
"But I believe we now have the right people in place, both on the pitch and behind the scenes, to take this club forward.
"I would like to thank every single fan for their continued, passionate support for QPR and I would also like to pay tribute to all the staff here.
"Life hasn't been particularly easy for them recently either but every single one continues to work as hard as ever for the benefit of this club.
"It has never been clearer to me that, both in the stands and behind the scenes, this is a wonderful place full of very special people."
QPR OFFICIAL

To mark this anniversary: The previously-compiled and posted four part compilation "Tetralogy" of Official club Statements along with a couple of interviews and Q&As with Paladini regarding primarily OFF-the field issues.

QPR's Past Year, Off-the-Field -

Part I, August-October 2005

Part II: November, 2005-January 2006

Part III –Feb – April 2006

Part IV: May – August 2006

Addendum: "Statement by Gianni Paladini on the recent edition of 'A Kick Up The Rs:'

Blog Archive