QPR Report Twitter Feed

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Bircham and Bignot Speak About QPR

-
BBC - Bignot makes plea to Rangers fans
Skipper Marcus Bignot has urged QPR fans to turn out in force for the struggling club's remaining home games.
He said: "We've got nine cup finals at Loftus Road. In terms of atmosphere, there's no better place. It's been said many times before, but it's true.
"Other players say when QPR are on the front foot and the ground's rocking, no-one wants to be the away side.
"I know it's expensive and some people might be unhappy for various reasons, but we really need them."
Rangers endured a miserable 2006 and are battling to avoid relegation from the Championship following a series of poor performances.
Price increases have led to a drop in attendances, while a section of fans are unhappy with the way the club has been run since chairman Gianni Paladini took control.
Bignot said: "My message to the fans is that they're entitled to voice their opinion, either at games or by staying away.
All of us - players and fans - have to ask ourselves what we can do at this time for the good of QPR
"But what we all want is what's best for Queens Park Rangers and we must come together and put aside any grievances for those nine games."
Last weekend's 2-1 defeat against Hull left Rangers in grave danger of slipping into League One.
John Gregory's side are just four points clear of 21st-placed Barnsley, who they face at the end of January.
Bignot added: "All of us - players and fans - have to ask ourselves what we can do at this time for the good of QPR. And in terms of the fans, it certainly isn't staying away.
"And it's no good players being upset about being picked one week and then not being picked.
"My attitude now, as captain, is no different to when I was on the transfer list and out of the side earlier in the season.
"It's not about me or any individual - it's about this club. Everybody's priority now has got to be to keep Queens Park Rangers in the Championship.
"No-one is going to want to come and play us at a Loftus Road that's rocking.
"And from our point of view, it's the same as in any walk of life - you perform better when you're being encouraged.
"QPR fans will never let you down. I know that from the time I've been here. So hopefully we can all now come together and do what we need to do to stay up." BBC

MARK BIRCHAM - ICONS -ON PLAYING, HIS FUTURE & KEVIN GALLEN'S DEPARTURE
It was good to be back in the starting line-up for the match against Hull City. I played 65 minutes before I was taken off, and I was pleased with the way I performed. I've been well happy with my form this year whenever I've played to be honest, I just haven't played as much as I'd have liked to.
The fitness coach thought that since I'd only trained for a week I should come off, but I could have kept going longer. I wasn't injured.
I couldn't believe we lost the match after that. I was so gutted because it was a massive game. It just makes it all the more important to win against Southampton, and I'll be fit and raring to go for that.
It's so important we pick up three points in that match. Our away form has been terrible recently, but we know that if we win our games at home we can stay up.
Cooky [Lee Cook] will be missing for us after the suspension he picked up for his sending off against Hull, and he will be a big loss for us as he creates so many goals. We're still confident we can get a result, and at least he'll be available for the rearranged FA Cup tie against Luton next week.
I was absolutely gutted that Kevin Gallen left for Plymouth. He was not only my best mate at QPR, he was probably my best mate full stop. I've known Kev since I was nine, and he was also my room-mate.
We live round the corner from each other and we used to drive in together every day, so it's been a bit strange this week just travelling in on my own. It happened so quickly, as well. One week he's playing and the next he's gone. But I wish him well down there, obviously.
On the bright side, it's great news that Michael Mancienne has signed on loan until the end of the season. He's done really well for us. His was played at right-back for his first couple of games, and that's not his position, so he looked a bit nervous. But he's settled in and has done excellently at centre-half. He's a great prospect.
On a personal note, I've had no talks with the club about my future. I've said since the start of the season that I'm not interested in leaving QPR, and I'm not interested in leaving during the transfer window.
The manager has given me no indication if he'll offer me a new contract or not, though. It's hard because he doesn't know if we'll be in this league next season or if he'll still be here.
I want to see out my contract with QPR and at the end of the season we'll take it from there. My main objective is just to play for Rangers and keep us in this division.
Finally, look out for my wife Jadene who will be appearing in WAGs Boutique on ITV2 later on this month. There are two shops in Carnaby Street with five wives in each shop and the woman that sells the most wins the competition. She's been filming since before Christmas because they had to design the shop and pick all the clothes. She's enjoying it, and it should be a good programme.
Icons

Blog Archive