QPR Report Twitter Feed

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Guidolin on Turning Down QPR

-
Channel 4 -
Francesco Guidolin denies Lazio are lining him up to replace Delio Rossi and reveals his motives from snubbing the Queens Park Rangers job.
Lazio are struggling and the pressure is building on Coach Delio Rossi, prompting rumours that President Claudio Lotito has already approached Guidolin.
However, the ex-Palermo man insists that these whispers are false.
“I’ve heard these rumours, but they are completely without foundation,” he told Udineseblog.it. “There’s no truth in them whatsoever.”....
Guidolin has been unemployed since leaving the Stadio Renzo Barbera last year, but Italian owner Flavio Briatore offered him the Queens Park Rangers job before Luigi De Canio took the post.
“I went to London to talk to Briatore who has so much enthusiasm,” Guidolin admitted.
“London fascinates me, but I knew that it wouldn’t be the right choice so I didn’t consider it.”

While the Treviso native seems content to bide his time, he indicated that he would jump at the chance to return to one Serie A side.
“I’d like to finish my coaching career with Udinese as my year there was fantastic,” he revealed.
“I like to dedicate myself completely to football in a quiet atmosphere where I can best express myself and Udine was ideal.” Channel 4

Blog Archive