QPR Report Twitter Feed

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Blackstock Signs for QPR

-
Dextor Blackstock Joins QPR from Southampton for an Undisclosed FeeQPR Official Site


QPR Official Site - STRIKING A BALANCE


QPR have added to their attacking options by completing the signing of Southampton striker Dextor Blackstock, for an undisclosed fee.

The 20 year-old front-man today penned a three year contract at Loftus Road, and in doing so becomes Gary Waddock's seventh signing of the summer.

A scorer of three goals in just seven first team starts last season, Blackstock - who is a quick, athletic and powerful predator - is in line to make his debut against Southend United this weekend.

"It's great to be here,'' Blackstock told qpr.co.uk moments after putting pen to paper.

"It had all gone a bit stale for me at Southampton and the chance to move to London was just too good to turn down. It's a fresh challenge for me and I couldn't be any happier.

"I had a nice chat with Gary Waddock, who told me about the hunger and desire of the Rangers squad, so there was never any doubt I'd sign.

"I've always enjoyed playing at Loftus Road in the past, so I'm really excited about making my debut here.''

Waddock believes Blackstock will perfectly complement the group of strikers he currently has at his disposal, commenting: "He was at the top of my list when I first took over as Caretaker Manager, so I'm ecstatic.

"I've been monitoring his progress since he was a kid, so it's magnificent that we've finally got him on board.

"He's quick, intelligent and is a natural goalscorer.''

Chairman Gianni Paladini is delighted that the R's prolonged search for a striker is finally over, saying: "It's a huge signing for us - we've been after him for the last four months or so.

"He's the type of player Gary has been looking for and I'm delighted we've beat a number of top Club's to his signature.

"He's a young player, with superb potential and I'm confident he can achieve big things here.

"It's a sign of our intent that we've signed a player of his calibre and I'm sure the fans will join me in wishing him a successful stay at Loftus Road.''

QPR Official Site


Southampton Official Site
Dexter Blackstock has joined QPR for an undisclosed fee.

The 20-year-old striker has moved on to the Londoners after three years on the south coast.

He joined Saints as a scholar from Oxford United but quickly became popular amongst fans after bagging a hat-trick against Colchester and scoring against local rivals Portsmouth in the 2004/5 season.

The arrivals of Grzegorz Rasiak and Bradley Wright Philips this season however have pushed Blackstock down the pecking order prompting his switch to the capital.

Blackstock has today put pen to paper on a three year deal at Loftus Road.
Southampton


Dexter Blackstock's Stats: Clubs/Games/Goals

Blog Archive