QPR Report Twitter Feed

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Fulham's Rehman Signs for QPR on a Permanent Deal

-
QPR Official Site REH OF LIGHT

QPR have completed the signing of Fulham defender Zesh Rehman for an undisclosed fee.

The 22 year-old centre-half has today (Tuesday) put pen to paper on a three year deal at Loftus Road.

Rehman - who could be in line to make his R's debut against Southend United on Saturday - caught up with qpr.co.uk moments after signing on the dotted line.

"I went down to Harlington yesterday and spoke with Gary Waddock and I was really impressed with what I heard.

"He told me that he wants to help me improve as a player and that's what I want.

"All I want to do is play football; the money doesn't interest me any more. I could have sat at Fulham and just been happy to pick up my wages, but that's not what I'm all about.

[Photo - Gianni Paladini and Antonio Caliendo welcome Zesh Rehman to Loftus Road]

"This is like home from home for me having been at Loftus Road with Fulham. Now I'm looking forward to making my debut on Saturday, where we'll hopefully pick up a win.

"I'll be at Loftus Road tonight for the Leeds game and I'm looking forward to seeing my new team-mates in action."

A gifted central defender with bags of potential, Zesh played five times for Fulham in the 2005/06 campaign, before being farmed out on loan to Norwich City.

Quiet, but self-assured, Zesh made his Fulham debut as a substitute in the 1-0 League Cup defeat to Wigan in September 2003.

A product of the Fulham academy system, Rehman made 26 appearances for the Cottagers, scoring once, against Lincoln City in a nine goal thriller in October.

R's boss Gary Waddock is delighted with the capture of the former Fulham defender, commenting: "It's a superb signing for the Club.

"We've got a player with Premiership experience and who is undoubtedly Prermiership class.

"He's an out-and-out defender but also has the unique ability of being able to bring the ball out of defence. There aren't many central defenders who can do that in the present day, so I'm delighted he's signed for us.

"He's very ambitious - like we all are at this Club - and hopefully he can achieve great things with us.''

Rehman will wear the number five shirt vacated by Danny Shittu.

QPR Official Site


FULHAM OFFICIAL SITE
Zesh Moves On


Tue 8th Aug 2006

Central defender Zesh Rehman makes the move to QPR

Fulham Football Club can confirm that Zesh Rehman has joined Queens Park Rangers on a permanent basis. The defender signed a three-year deal with Rangers on Tuesday morning.

Rehman, a Fulham Academy graduate, played five times for the Whites in the 05/06 season and scored his first senior goal against Lincoln City in the League Cup before spending four months on loan at Norwich City.

All at Fulham Football Club would like to thank him for his services to the Club and wish him and his family the very best for the future
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/football_news_latest_7528.html

Blog Archive