QPR Report Twitter Feed

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Shittu Loving Watford Life

-

Watford Official Site
SHITTU LOVING WATFORD LIFE


DAN SHITTU, Watford's biggest money signing of the summer, can't speak highly enough of his early impressions of life at Vicarage Road and can't wait to start 'doing his job' in the Premier League.

The Nigeria-born defender chose to come to Watford because he had heard so many good things about the club over the last 12 months - and those thoughts have been confirmed by the welcome he's been given.

"I was already very impressed with Watford before I even arrived", he told watfordfc.com. "I had heard a lot of good things about the club from all sorts of people and now that I've been here training for a week, I'm even more impressed with what I've seen."

Dan felt that the move offered him an excellent opportunity to continue learning and improving as a player as he works with the Hornets' coaching staff.

"I'm looking forward to spending the next few years working hard at Watford because there are good people here, always pushing you to improve and I'm already loving every day or training. I've learnt so much already.

"I chose to come to Watford because I could see the ambition here. Not just the manager but also the players.

"Everyone at the club thinks we can really do something and I've seen that in the last few days. I've been really impressed with everything so far."

Danny Shittu

The big centre-back was part of a QPR side that was beaten home and away by Watford last season and those games made an impression on him.

"When we played against Watford last season were two of the toughest games of the year. The way that Watford played was very impressive both home and away so I'm glad to be a part of it now."

In line with most of the Watford squad, the new season will mean a new challenge in the Premier League for Dan but it's one he can't wait to get started.

"I'm really looking forward to the challenge of the Premier League. All of the lads will be looking to impress on this level and know they have to work hard to do so.

"I'm glad that I've been given the chance to come here and work with these guys and the coaches too. I can't say one bad thing about this place and I don't think I'm going to be able to either."

Having made his debut last Tuesday against Inter Milan, Dan is now looking to build on that solid 45 minutes.

"I knew I was only going to play 45 minutes against Inter Milan because I hadn't done much pre-season training. I was a bit disappointed to get cramp but now I feel good.

"The fans and the stadium were great so I really enjoyed the night. So far, so good. My first aim is to work hard and win a place in the first 11, then if I do that, I'll continue working hard and make sure I do my job.

"I don't do fancy tricks or anything like that, my job is to defend and I love it!"

Watford

Blog Archive