QPR Report Twitter Feed

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Bircham "Retracts!"

-
Somerset County Gazette Bircham: I'm not giving up the game, just yet By Steve Sowden
INJURED Yeovil Town midfielder Marc Bircham has said that he hopes that it will not be too long before he is putting on a Glovers shirt.
Bircham, who has been struggling with a hamstring injury for most of his time at Huish Park since signing during the summer from QPR, had suggested on his own personal website that he might be forced to quit the game.
But now he has said that he might have been making his latest injury set-back sound a lot worse than what it actually is.
Bircham, again on his personal website, has suggested that he had made his previous mailing when he was feeling low about the ongoing injury problems.
"When I did the interview for the diary I'd just had the setback and maybe I made it sound a bit worse than it is" he said.
"I had been working really hard with the physio and been doing a lot of heavy weights when I felt something, but it's nothing serious. I fully expect to be pulling on a Yeovil shirt before long
."
And he added: "Thanks to everyone who's emailed to offer support but there's really nothing to worry about.
"There's no way I am about to give up the game. I've got a good few years in me yet and a lot of football left to play.
"All I've suffered is a little setback that has put me back a few days and I should still be back training in the next couple of weeks." Report

See Original Bircham/Diary Post

Blog Archive