QPR Report Twitter Feed

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Gareth Ainsworth to Be Player/Coach Under Dowie

-
Gareth Ainsworth was today announced as QPR Player/Coach. This was what going to happen under previous manager Luigi De Canio; but with Iain Dowie replacing De Canio, there had to be questions. Good news. Ainsworth is now in some senses, following the footsteps of Dowie who was himself player coach at QPR And he's now on the Staff Directory of coaches!

QPR Official Site - EXCLUSIVE: AINSWORTH TO ASSIST
R's midfielder Gareth Ainsworth has accepted a Player / Coach role under the new managerial structure at Queens Park Rangers Football Club.
Ainsworth, who worked in an unofficial capacity as Assistant Manager to former First Team Coach Luigi De Canio at the tail end of last season, will work under new boss Iain Dowie and his recently appointed number two, Tim Flowers.
Speaking exclusively to www.qpr.co.uk, Ainsworth expressed his delight, commenting: "It's a great opportunity for me.
"I'm over the moon about it. I had a taste of it last year and this is another exciting opportunity for me - another step forward in terms of my long-term aspirations.
"I've still got plenty to offer as a player, but I'm delighted that I've been given the chance to learn from Iain and Tim, who I have huge respect for." QPR

From BBC in April - Ainsworth Managerial Goal

Blog Archive