QPR Report Twitter Feed

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Didnt Gesture, Says Jake Cole...Rowan Vine Talks about his Injury and Recovery..Ex-QPR Coach Bruce Rioch Axed

-
[Seems a slightly excessive response by the club to a couple of messageboard threads (not QPR Report Messageboard!) asserting that Jake Cole did a rude gesture to QPR fans.]

QPR Official Site -JAKE COLE
QPR goalkeeper Jake Cole has set the record straight following reports he made a 'gesture' to the travelling R's fans following the final whistle at Swansea on Tuesday night.
The 23-year-old said: "I have no idea where this has come from. Making a negative gesture to the R's fans is the last thing I would ever do.
"I have been at this Club since I was nine and know what a great set of supporters we have here.
"I would love to know where on earth this has come from. Hopefully the fans will realise this is something that simply did not happen." QPR


Sky Sports/Chris Galea - Vine staying positive
QPR striker remaining upbeat despite frustrating time on the sidelines
QPR striker Rowan Vine is staying positive as he battles back from long-term inury.
The former Portsmouth striker broke his leg in the goalless draw at Ipswich in March and has now told skysports.com that his recovery has not gone completely to plan.
But he is hopeful that his period of uncertainty is over and he can concentrate on making a speedy recovery.
"There were a few pains in the leg a few weeks ago, so I went back to the surgeon to sort it out. I'm still aware of it, but I'm relatively pain-free at the moment, so that tells me that my recovery is going well," he said.
Stayed away
"We've stayed away from setting return dates now because we've set targets before and failed to meet them, so the surgeon's going to give it another scan in a few weeks and check everything's going to plan.
"It's going to be five or six weeks till I know which avenue we go down really in terms of recovery.
"It has been really hard mentally for me, it was especially hard when I initially broke it and was in hospital, but going through the summer I was hopeful of getting back sooner so it drove me on whilst everyone went on their holidays.
"We did everything we could, but these last few weeks have been very frustrating and the toughest time for me because it's a question of not knowing when I will be back."
Vine believes the support he has received from the club has helped him on his long road to recovery.
Brilliant
He added: "The club have been brilliant, from the physios through to the manager, players and chairman, always asking how I am and keeping me involved with things at the club.
"Obviously I'd still prefer to be involved with things on the pitch rather than being restricted to off the pitch stuff.
"The incident (when he broke his leg) definitely runs through my head from time to time and when I'm on my own I often think about it and I remember it clearly.
"I remember going through and the impact of the challenge registering. I knew instantly that I'd broken it and there was serious damage and obviously there was."
Sky Sports


BBC - Rioch sacked as Aalborg manager
Bruce Rioch has been sacked as manager of Danish club Aab Aalborg with immediate effect.
The club is currently involved in the same Champions League group as Manchester United and Celtic but are second bottom in the Danish league.
"Our results in the SAS Ligaen have not been satisfying," said Aalborg sporting director Lynge Jakobsen.
"We're stopping now because we no longer agree with Bruce Rioch on how we can best reach satisfying results."
Rioch was appointed manager in June on a six-month contract but the club had already decided not to renew his deal when it expired in December.
The 61-year-old began his managerial career at Torquay before moving on to Middlesbrough, who he guided to successive promotions.
Rioch also guided Bolton to Division One in 1993 before moving on to Arsenal two years later.
During his short spell at Highbury Rioch brought legendary forward Dennis Bergkamp to the club before leaving after falling out with the board over transfer funds.
The former Scotland captain then had spells at Norwich, Wigan and Danish side Odense. BBC

Blog Archive