QPR Report Twitter Feed

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

John Curtis Back at QPR?...Update: Perhaps Not!

-
Update: The Official Site has now been altered and no longer shows John Curtis on the Playing List. So perhaps error!


As noted by a messageboard poster, John Curtis appears to be back on the QPR Roster. A look at the QPR Team Roster lists at the very bottom John Curtis, albeit without a squad number. Unless it's some kind of mistake, which would hard to do. There has been no announcement re a Curtiss return on the Official Site (or in the local weekly press). Curtis, who turned 30 last month, was released last December. He briefly was at Notts County. In the summer, he was trialing with Tranmere.


BBC, December 12, 2007 Out-of-favour Curtis leaves QPR
QPR have confirmed the departure of defender John Curtis.
The ex-Manchester United man has failed to impress since being signed by former Rangers manager John Gregory from Nottingham Forest last summer.
Curtis, 29, was one of a number of fringe players recently told that he had no future at Loftus Road.
Danny Cullip and Nicky Ward recently moved on after reaching a settlement with the club and Curtis has now also had his contract terminated." BBC


John Curtis Saying Goodbye - Icons, December 17, 2007
JOHN CURTIS/ICONS I wish things had been different

- Well, I'm finished at QPR which is a shame, but I see it as another challenge in my career and I'm strong enough to face it.
- I'm obviously disappointed that things haven't worked out for me here because it is a great club, a fabulous place to be and it's been an honour being part of things.
Of course I wish I had been given more of a chance to prove what I could do at the club. I was only played in my proper position once in my time here and that makes it very difficult to impress.
- I feel sure I could have contributed more if I had been given a chance, but that's all in the past now and there's never any point moaning. That's not my nature and I just want to crack on and find a role somewhere else.
- I badly want to play football and believe I have a lot to offer any club that signs me. I've always believed in myself and my ability and that doesn't go away just because you haven't been given certain chances.
- I'll be sorry to leave the club because, like I said, it's a great club. It's a massive club that doesn't deserve to be in the position it's in right now. They have massive aspirations and hopefully under the new owners they'll fulfil them.
- They are a really good bunch of lads at QPR and it's sad to be saying goodbye to them. They have the ability and the spirit to get the club out of trouble. The fans are some of the best I have ever come across.
- There has been so much change and transition at QPR that they now need some stability and if they can get that I'm sure they will be fine. Just as I'm sure I'll be fine to.
- At least I'll now be able to spend time with my family at Christmas and that will be nice. Cheers and happy Christmas. Icons


See Also: Curtis/Wikipedia

Blog Archive