QPR Report Twitter Feed

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Snippets: Chopra and Sturridge Update...Ainsworth Prepared to Play Again and Talks About HIS Changes and HIS System

-
Supposed QPR target, Michael Chopra is in the Sunderland squad for tonight's game against Stoke. Supposed target Danniel Sturridge [Edited!]- Manchester City reportedly saying no deal.


Max Rakin - London Informer Ainsworth: 'I'll be there to play again'
- Gareth Ainsworth is ready to roll up his sleeves and get out on the pitch if it comes to that.
- The QPR caretaker boss admits he's already grown accustomed to his slot on the touchline.
- But if the powers unveil a new boss sometime in the future, the flying winger is ready to play again.
- He said: "I'm a player-coach, so if I'm called upon - I'll be there to play again."- However, Ainsworth, relishing his position, believes his heart-on-sleeve approach is rubbing off on the players.
"I wouldn't have taken control of the reserves if I didn't have ambitions in management," he said. "I approach managing like I do everything else in life - with passion.
"There may have been a few eyebrows raised with some of the changes I've made, but my system is working, and its because of the commitment and togetherness shown by the players."
Ainsworth introduced Damiano Tommasi against Birmingham and it paid off with a precious 1-0 win, despite Mikele Leigertwood's red card." London Informer

Blog Archive