QPR Report Twitter Feed

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Departures and Non-Arrivals including Nardiello to Barnsley on Loan

-
UPDATE: Nardiello has gone out on loan for the rest of the season, returning to Barnsley.
As noted below, QPR have announced that Stefan Moore has "had his contract terminated by mutual consent with immediate effect." QPR Official. Meanwhile it's reported (as has been rumoured on the messageboards the last few days) that goalkeeper, Stefan Postma would not be signing for QPR.

QPR Official Site - LOAN RANGER
R's front-man Danny Nardiello has rejoined former Club Barnsley on loan until the end of the season.
The Welsh international, who joined Rangers on a free transfer in the summer after turning down an improved offer to stay at Oakwell, returns after making just eight appearances in all competitions for the R's.
Under the terms of the loan deal, Nardiello won't be able to play against QPR when the two sides meet at Oakwell on Saturday 16th February. QPR

BARNSLEY OFFICIAL SITE EXCLUSIVE - NARDIELLO BACK AT OAKWELL!!!
BARNSLEY manager Simon Davey has pulled off a sensational move in the transfer market to bring Oakwell favourite Daniel Nardiello back to the Club until the end of the season.
The Manchester United starlet was a massive hit on loan at Oakwell during the 2003/2004 campaign netting seven goals in 16 games before returning to Old Trafford. He came back to Barnsley in the summer of 2004 on a season-long loan deal that delighted supporters. Left out of the side for long periods, Daniel managed to net seven goals in 30 first team appearances before returning to Manchester United at the end of the season. Released by the Old Trafford club last summer, he signed a two-year deal at Oakwell in July 2005.
Daniel struggled for first team starts through the 2005/2006 season but ended the season in fine form bagging the winning goal against Huddersfield Town in the Play Off Semi Finals. He was also on target at the Millennium Stadium to take the clash with Swansea to a penalty shoot out.
Daniel enjoyed a memorable end to the 2006/2007 campaign when he hit form and fitness after another stop-start campaign. An end of season goal rush helped keep the Reds up and re-affirm the ex-Manchester United striker as an Oakwell favourite. He hit nine goals in 32 games in total.
Although in talks with the Reds last summer, Daniel opted to try his luck elsewhere and joined Queens Park Rangers on a free transfer. Injuries have limited him to just eight appearances for the Loftus Road club this season.
Daniel will stay with the Reds until the end of the 2007/2008 campaign although he will not be able to play against QPR at Oakwell on February 16, 2008.
Simon Davey told www.barnsleyfc.co.uk: "We are delighted to bring Daniel back to the Club.
"Daniel worked with us as a staff last season and excelled in the games he played. Daniel will make us more of a threat at a time when we need goals".
The relevant paperwork is now being completed and the deal is subject to registration with the football authorities.
Barnsley

BARNSLEY OFFICIAL SITE -DANIEL NARDIELLO - QPR PROFILE
QPR clinched the free transfer signing of Danny Nardiello in the summer of 2007.
The former Manchester United ace agreed a two year deal in W12, despite late interest from Championship rivals Norwich City. Nardiello, who scored seven goals in his final nine appearances for Barnsley last season, turned down an improved deal with the Tykes to link up with the R's.... Barnsley

NARDIELLO SPEAKS - Barnsley Official Site
NARDIELLO DELIGHTED TO HAVE SECOND CHANCE AT OAKWELL!!!

REDS new boy Daniel Nardiello is delighted to have a second chance at Oakwell.
Speaking exclusively to www.barnsleyfc.co.uk, Daniel said: "I am delighted that the manager and chairman here have given me a second chance and I just want to repay them by scoring goals. I know I have a lot to prove to some people at Barnsley but I cannot wait to get going here again.
"I am delighted to have this second chance and want to make the most of it. I am looking forward to coming back and pulling on a Barnsley shirt again.
"I don't know why things have not happened at Queens Park Rangers and to be honest I do regret going there from a footballing point of view. I picked up an injury at the start of the season and the change of manager has not helped me. I just want to play football and score goals.
"It has been a good experience for me to try something else but with hindsight maybe I made the wrong choice in the summer. I just want to play. Barnsley have given me a second chance now and I am determined to repay that with goals.
"It was a very tough decision in summer and I know it upset a lot of people. Some supporters will not be happy to see me back but I am determined to prove them all wrong by scoring goals. I am here to work hard and score as many goals as I can. I cannot wait to get going.
"I have spent the last few weeks training as hard as I possibly could and have done a lot of running work. I am fit and raring to get back on the pitch.
"Hopefully I will be able to play at Southend this Friday. We did very well there last season in a big relegation battle. I managed to score twice that day and it was a great feeling and a great result.
"Coming back to Barnsley is brilliant and this is the only place I want to play my football now. I am delighted to be back". Barnsley

Daily Mail/This is London -Postma snubbed by QPR as he fails to deliver
Stefan Postma's proposed move to Queens Park Rangers has fallen through after he failed to impress during a trial.
The 31-year-old goalkeeper was believed to be on the verge of signing a one-and-a-half-year deal.
But a club source said today: "It doesn't look like the deal will be going through now..." . Daily Mail

Meanwhile it's reported that the winger, Kieron St Aimie, recently released by QPR will be signing for Barnet. Report

Blog Archive