QPR Report Twitter Feed

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Spurs Goalie Radek Cerny Prepared to Join QPR

-
Eurosport - Cerny "would go" to QPR
Tottenham goalkeeper Radek Cerny has revealed he would accept a move to Queens Park Rangers after the west London outfit revealed an interest in the Czech shot-stopper.
Cerny, 33, has recently been installed as Spurs' number one in place of the error-prone Paul Robinson, but manager Juande Ramos is said to be ready to swoop for a new 'keeper.
Bolton's Jussi Jaaskelainen, Maarten Stekelenburg of Ajax, Oscar Ustari at Getafe and Timo Hildebrand of Valencia are the names linked with the berth between the posts, leading QPR to think about a move for Cerny.
"Considering that my contract at Tottenham expires in the summer, I must look for a different club," Cerny told Sport.
"And if QPR were that club then I would go there.
"I have no problem with the Championship: it is an extremely tough competition and of high quality.

"I have seen something [about their interest] in the English media. If someone has held talks yet, I don't know [about it].
"I leave these matters to other people and concentrate fully on playing matches."
QPR are flush with cash to spend after a takeover by Formula One magnates Bernie Ecclestone and Flavio Briatore, plus the later investment of Britain's richest man Laskmi Mittal.
They have already brought in nine players this month and moved away from the Championship relegation zone.
"I don't want to speak too soon [about the takeover]," Cerny commented. "I am satisfied at Tottenham and what is to come, is to come.
"I have always been a professional and if Tottenham are not interested in keeping me then I will be glad to go to QPR." Vasek Kadlec & Jonathan Symcox / Eurosport

Blog Archive