QPR Report Twitter Feed

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Chicago Fire's American Goalie, Matt Pickens Signs for QPR

-
[As QPR's supposed interest in Matt Pickens was first reported on QPR Report a few days ago...! Pickens signing has now been confirmed by the club.]

QPR Official Site - AMERICAN KEEPER SIGNS
Queens Park Rangers Football Club are delighted to confirm the signing of American goalkeeper Matt Pickens.
The 25 year-old custodian has joined the R's on a short-term contract until June 2008.
Pickens, whose contract at MLS side Chicago Fire expired at the end of December, expressed his delight at the move, commenting: "It's a big challenge for me.
"I've heard a lot about the tradition here. The Club has an extensive history and it is a big privilege for me to be here.
"I am here to add competition for places in the goalkeeping department. I'm not the kind of goalkeeper who will be content with being a number two, but we'll have to wait and see what happens."
The US stopper, who measures in at 6'3'', believes a move to the UK could prove to be the launch-pad for his international career, adding: "I've been in two squads recently, but I didn't feel I was getting a real shot at it over there.
"Moving to QPR could enhance my chances and I am relishing the challenge that lies ahead." QPR

See Earlier:
US Goalkeeper Supposedly Joins QPR

Pickens Leaving Chicago.

Pickens Reportedly Saying He's Signed With QPR.

"Ambitious QPR Could Be A Fit For Pickens"

Blog Archive