QPR Report Twitter Feed

Monday, February 25, 2008

QPR Hire Goalkeeping Coach

-
QPR Official Site EXCLUSIVE: ROUSE JOINS COACHING TEAM
Former Manchester United youth coach David Rouse has joined Luigi De Canio's backroom staff.
The 31 year-old, who spent eight years with the current Premiership Champions, enjoyed his first session this morning (Monday) and is looking forward to 'exciting times' with QPR.
Rouse worked primarily with United's goalkeepers, ranging from their Under-8s right through to the young Pros and Reserves.
"I effectively served my apprenticeship there," he told www.qpr.co.uk.
"For the last two years I have been more at the sharp end.
"Last season I was at Macclesfield Town, working with their First Team keepers, and this year I have split my time between them and Rochdale.
"As well as that, I have also been working with Wigan Athletic's youth keepers."
Rouse realised at an early age that he was never going to make it at the highest level as a player, so turned his focus towards coaching.
"At 22, I knew I was either going to be an average goalkeeper playing League Two football, or I could work to further myself as a coach.
"That's what I decided to do when the opportunity came about for me to work at Manchester United.
"As a player, I was in the youth set up at Stockport County and for a short period after that I was at Bury.
"Since then I have played semi-pro - until last season when I made my Football League debut at the ripe old age of 30, playing for Macclesfield following an injury crisis!
"I was invited along to Manchester United for a week-long trial as a coach - and a week turned into eight years!"
Now Rouse is looking forward to this new chapter in his coaching career, commenting: "I heard there might be a position available here, so I approached the Club," he explained.
"I spoke with the Manager and Chairman about their plans - and here I am!
"It's a very exciting time to join QPR. Whoever you speak to in the game, as soon as you mention Queens Park Rangers, the response is always a positive one.
"I've had my first session with the keepers and I have been impressed.
"Lee Camp is a great technician, that's clear to see. He's got an eye for detail, is very enthusiastic and is still young in goalkeeper terms, so there's plenty more to come from him.
"The U.S. have got a great tradition for goalkeepers, and for a high work ethic. That was evident this morning with Matt Pickens. He wants to learn and he wants to work hard.
"Jake Cole has been with the Club for a while, and you can tell how keen he is to get involved. He's chomping at the bit to throw himself into his work.
"That's what I am after from all the keepers. I want them to put that effort in. Hopefully I can help all of them to progress." QPR

Blog Archive