QPR Report Twitter Feed

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Connolly and Vine Happy to Have Joined QPR

-
Setanta/Tom Adams - Connolly explains Gunners exit
Matthew Connolly has revealed how he drew inspiration from David Bentley and Steve Sidwell when opting to leave Arsenal to join QPR in January.
The England youth international was encouraged to stay in North London by Arsene Wenger but was no longer content with reserves football and took the brave step to join the Championship club on a permanent basis.
Fellow Englishmen Bentley and Sidwell are both currently enjoying a career at the top level following their own decisions to leave The Gunners and Connolly is hoping to emulate their achievements with Rangers.
“It’s very difficult to make the breakthrough at clubs like Arsenal so when QPR made an offer I knew it was the right time to move on,” said Connolly in the Daily Express.
“I could have signed for Arsenal again. I spoke to Arsene Wenger and he said he wanted me to stay.
“I thought about it for a while but I felt it was the right time to go.
“I looked at the players who have not made it there like David Bentley and Steve Sidwell.
“They have made good careers for themselves, so that was what inspired me to come here.
“I wanted to come to a club that is going forward. Arsenal provided me with a launchpad, but I needed to be playing first team football.”Setanta


Teamtalk- Vine: Don't rule us out of play-offs
QPR striker Rowan Vine insists a late surge into the Championship play-off places is not out of the question for the new-look Hoops squad.Saturday's 3-2 win at Southampton propelled Rangers, who were rock-bottom three months ago, up to 15th and within just seven points of the top six.
"I was confident with the squad we already had, and with the additions in January, that we would have enough quality to climb the table," said Vine, one of 10 new signings at Loftus Road.
"We are above Saints now, and everyone is suddenly talking about the play-offs. We have won twice in a row, and if we can make it four we'll think to ourselves that we are on a good run." Teamtalk

Blog Archive