QPR Report Twitter Feed

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Lee Cook on Staying at QPR, QPR's Prospects and PossiblyBeing Sold

-
QPR Official Site - Lee Cook "I'm Happy Here"

Midfield maestro Lee Cook has reiterated his desire to remain at his boyhood Club.

Speaking exclusively to www.qpr.co.uk, the R's Player's Player of the Year and Supporters' Player of the Year confessed he hopes to stay with the Club he supported as a boy and help them fulfil their potential under the guidance of John Gregory next season.

"I'm happy here - I want to stay at QPR,'' said Cook.

"Anything can happen between now and August 31st, but I didn't sign an improved contract last summer just to go and leave one year on.


"Like the rest of the lads in the squad, I'm looking forward to returning to pre-season training in early July.''

Cook readily admits his future could lie in the hands of others though, commenting: "Money talks and if the Club accept a bid for me then it's out of my hands.

"I've lived part one of the dream of playing for the Club I supported as a boy and the next step is to play for the R's in the Premiership.''

"But I've lived part one of the dream of playing for the Club I supported as a boy and the next step is to play for the R's in the Premiership.''

Cook provided 13 assists and scored three goals in the Championship last season, but he believes the best is yet to come from him and his team-mates.

"I think we showed exactly what we are capable of during the last few months of the season,'' he said.

"We've got the nucleus of a very good squad and with a few fresh faces, there's no reason why we can't fulfil our potential next season.''

"I've spoken to the gaffer and I know he wants to add to the squad in the summer and when you look at the players he's already brought in since he arrived here, that can only be positive.

"We've got the nucleus of a very good squad and with a few fresh faces, there's no reason why we can't fulfil our potential next season.'' QPR

Blog Archive