QPR Report Twitter Feed

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Wycombe, Here We Come! July 28: Wycombe vs QPR

-
QPR Official Site - WYCOMBE DATE

The R's will travel to Adams Park - the home of Wycombe Wanderers - for a pre-season friendly on Saturday 28th July.
The Club today (Wednesday) finalised the details of the friendly fixture, in what promises to be an emotional day for gaffer John Gregory, who takes his charges to the home of one of his former Club's.
Speaking about the tie, Gregory - who was in charge at Wanderers between 1996 and 1998 - said: "I loved my time at Wycombe and it will be a pleasure to take the R's to Adams Park.
"I'm really looking forward to it." QPR Official Site

WYCOMBE OFFICIAL SITE - RANGERS COMING TO TOWN
Written by: Alan Parry - 23/05/07

Former Blues manager John Gregory will return to Adams Park on Saturday July 28th when the Wanderers meet Queens Park Rangers in a pre-season friendly (kick-off 3pm).

Gregory took charge at Wycombe in 1996, replacing Alan Smith at the helm, and steered the team away from the relegation zone in Division Two. The following season, he guided Wycombe to a comfortable mid-table position before accepting an offer to take charge at Aston Villa.

Said Gregory: "I loved my time at Wycombe. The board was really supportive and they gave me the money to build a decent squad. I know that Wycombe fans still think a lot of the players I brought in, like Martin Taylor, Michael Simpson and Mark Stallard.

"It was a team that was destined for success and I'd have loved to have seen it through but I simply couldn't refuse the chance to take over at Villa. I'd been there previously when Brian Little was there and it's a huge club."

Gregory added: "Wycombe has always been special to me. I've always looked out for their results since I left and I know that Steve Hayes is steering the club in the right direction."

"It will be a pleasure to take QPR to Adams Park and I'm really looking forward to it."

Wanderers fans will be curious to know which side Tommy Doherty will be playing for when the two teams meet. The tenacious midfielder, who spent most of the season with the Wanderers on loan from QPR, is one of Paul Lambert's number one transfer targets and the Blues boss is still confident that a deal can be struck.

The visitors QPR will be Wanderers' only home friendly before the start of season 2007/08. Away games are planned against Maidenhead United on Tuesday 31st July (k.o. 7.45pm) and Oxford United on Friday 3rd August (k.o. 7.45pm) , while the Blues will also be sending a team to Holmer Green FC to help the local club celebrate their centenary on a date still to be confirmed. Wycombe Official

Story includes photo of Gregory and Richard Hill

Blog Archive