QPR Report Twitter Feed

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Mire re Buzsaky to QPR?...Two Ex-QPR Birthdays..

-
Messageboard posters are saying he's had his QPR medical but no official annoucnement as of yet.

Mirror - There's a Buz about Rangers
Qpr are making a £500,000 bid for Plymouth's unsettled Hungarian winger Akos Buzsaky - and hope to sign him today.
Buzsaky (above) is out of contract at the end of the season and Argyle boss Ian Holloway has given him permission to open talks about a loan with a view to a permanent switch.
The 25-year-old refused a new deal at Home Park. Mirror

Plymouth Official - IAN Holloway on Buzsaky
AKOS DEPARTING

THE ORIGINAL Magical Magyar Ákos Buzsáky is set to leave Argyle.
Contract negotiations with Ákos have stalled and manager Ian Holloway revealed that the talented midfielder is likely to be on his way to another club.
"He won't be staying here," said Ollie.
"We accepted an offer [from another club] his agent had managed to get because he was supposedly turning down our [contract] offer.
"He came in to see me this morning and he is potentially going to sign for another club - he has not done it yet.
"He is going up there for a medical and I think they have agreed terms. He has told me that he won't be re-signing here.
"I tried as hard as I can to make him feel welcome but he has been here three years, and he has got to make a decision for his future.
"He is someone I admire greatly because to come to a foreign country and not have your family with you, for the love of football, is a tremendous thing to do."
Few would argue that Ákos is an extremely gifted player and it seemed his best Argyle days were ahead of him with the arrival of fellow Hungarians Péter Halmosi and Krisztián Timár.
Unfortunately, his future now appears to be away from Argyle, although Ollie feels his loss can be compensated by the recent emergence of Dan Gosling and the acquisition of Lee Martin on loan from Manchester United.
"I believe he [Ákos] will be a fantastic player and he is someone I wanted to keep," said Ollie.
"I felt he was homesick last year, so I brought in two people I felt would help us and help him - I got three players for the price of two as I solved the homesick problem. Unfortunately, someone else is now going to reap the benefit of our hard work.
"All you can do is offer him the love and attention, and, if he chooses to go somewhere else, then he goes with my blessing.
"I have got Danny Gosling, who was already here. I have brought in Lee Martin because I was fearful that this might happen."
Ollie has been completely open with the Green Army with regard to probable changes to the Argyle squad over the coming months.
Buzsáky's departure and the arrival of Lee Martin and Jermaine Easter in recent weeks are clear evidence of the changing times here at Home ark.
"I was open and honest that this was a big year for us and the squad might change," said Ollie.
"All I can do is my job with the team and do what the board tell me to do, and they back me when I tell them to do something. Every time I have asked them to do something for me, they have done it....." Official


Ex-QPR Birthdays: Lee Harper & Colin Clarke-
Lee Harper Turns 36: Born October 30, 1971.
Goalie signed by Stuart Houston from Arsenal in 1997 for approaching half a million pounds, Harper played four seasons (over 100 games) for QPR until was released after QPR's relegation to the old Third Division. . Harper

Colin Clarke Turns 45- Born October 30, 1962.
Northern Ireland Internation forward played for a number of clubs. Signed by Trevor Francis from Southampton for a then QPR record, 800,000 pounds in March 1989.Joined Portsmouth in the summer of 1990 for 400,000 pounds. Making his debut for Southampton, Clarke got a hattrick - against QPR! Clarke

No Members of "Team of the Week" - Despite QPR's great win at Charlton, no QPR players made this week's "Team of the week"!"

Blog Archive