QPR Report Twitter Feed

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Paul Parker Was Reportedly "Axed" by QPR

-
Paul Parker - who'se departure was noted a couple of days ago, in QPR Report was supposedly axed by Chairman Paladini, reports Ben Kosky in the Kilburn Times. " FORMER QPR and England defender Paul Parker has been axed from his job as commercial and communications director at Loftus Road. Parker, who only returned to the club in the summer, was told to leave by chairman Gianni Paladini, but the reason for that decision is not known." Kilburn Times

Ben Kosky, Kilburn Times
Harford remains hopeful
MICK Harford has confirmed that he wants to become QPR manager - but the list of potential candidates is growing by the day.
The Rangers board are remaining unusually taciturn as they consider the question of who should succeed John Gregory, but it is thought they are still leaning towards the appointment of a foreign manager.
Former Vicenza, Udinese and Palermo coach Francesco Guidolin was the latest name touted for the job after being spotted in the Loftus Road directors' box on Monday.
As well as guiding the Rs to their first win of the season against Norwich, another factor in Harford's favour is that the board have allowed him to get on with the business of squad strengthening.
Harford brought in Portsmouth's England under-21 defender Martin Cranie on a month's loan last weekend, having already borrowed Rowan Vine from Birmingham and Jason Jarrett from Preston.
"If they offered me the job, I would definitely accept it. But I can't affect what goes on the outside, if they plan to bring a new manager in," Harford admitted.
"I like Queens Park Rangers - it's a great club and I will do my best to try and get some victories and get us out of the mess we're in. I'll give 100 per cent as long as I'm here and if I'm here long-term that's great."
Harford has secured a third month's loan for West Ham forward Hogan Ephraim, which will keep him at the club up to and including the home game with Coventry on November 6.

FORMER QPR and England defender Paul Parker has been axed from his job as commercial and communications director at Loftus Road.
Parker, who only returned to the club in the summer, was told to leave by chairman Gianni Paladini, but the reason for that decision is not known.

DEXTER Blackstock could be out until the end of November following an operation on his knee.
The QPR striker, who signed a one-year extension to his contract only last week, missed Monday's win over Norwich and has also pulled out of the England under-21 squad. Kilburn Times

Ben Kosky/Kilburn Times on Rowan Vine's signing
"....I want to play as much as I can and see where that takes me," Vine told the Times. "I'd love to go back to Birmingham and get some games, but I'm not thinking about that now.
"I was flying in the summer, fitness-wise, but I haven't played a lot since then and when I did play, in the Carling Cup, it wasn't as competitive as I'd have liked.
"I'm a frontman, so obviously I want to get goals, play my natural game and do my bit to help out the team. We've all got to muck in and get some more wins."
...[At Luton] he worked under Harford and built up a reputation, with 24 goals in 62 games for the Hatters convincing Birmingham boss Steve Bruce to shell out £2.5m last January.
But, with Vine currently down the pecking order at St Andrew's, Harford recommended him to former Rs boss John Gregory and followed that up by sealing the deal just a day after taking over as caretaker manager.
"It's been a good coup for us to get Rowan and I'm sure he'll score goals in his career at Queens Park Rangers," said Harford this week.
"I believe Rowan will be a Premiership player. He's a great character, he works hard at his game, scores all kinds of goals and his work ethic is absolutely spot on."
The admiration appears to be mutual, with Vine acknowledging that the presence of his former Luton coach was a key factor in his decision to sign for Rangers.
"There was interest from John Gregory, then Mick phoned me and I said it'd be of interest to me if I wasn't getting anywhere at Birmingham," said Vine.
"I waited for the Carling Cup game against Blackburn and played in that to see if my situation changed, but it didn't really and then I made the decision to come down here for a month.
"Of course I knew Mick was a good coach and man-manager, as well as being a top centre-forward when he was playing, so that was certainly a factor.
"I got on really well with him when I was at Luton and all the boys liked him. I know what Mick's all about and he knows me inside out."
Harford has certainly been satisfied with Vine's contribution so far - but, with Bruce watching from the stands on Monday, Rangers may struggle to keep the striker when his month's loan expires - Kilburn Times


Gareth Ainsworth - Kilburn Times
"...It was also great to see the directors' box full of people rooting for QPR and it shows the new people haven't just come in as businessmen - they've got a lot of passion and they truly want success for this club." Kilburn Times

Blog Archive