QPR Report Twitter Feed

Friday, October 12, 2007

Snippets: Tony Adams No QPR...Kenny Jackett to Millwall?...Marcus Bean Return to Blackpool?

-
The Portsmouth News - Adams pledges to stay put at Pompey
Tony Adams has ruled himself out of the running for the QPR job.
And Pompey's assistant coach insists he will remain by Harry Redknapp's side until the end of the season.
Adams has been tipped to land the manager's post at Loftus Road following John Gregory's dismissal.
The former England skipper had also been linked with becoming Avram Grant's assistant manager at Chelsea.
The sudden interest in the Blues coach is recognition of his input in their remarkable Premier League form since his arrival 18 months ago.
But Adams, who has made no secret of his desire for an eventual return to
management, has no intention of leaving Fratton Park yet.
Instead he still plans to walk away when his one-year deal expires at the end of the season.
He said: 'I've not spoken to anybody. No-one's talking to me and I'm not talking to them.
'The first I heard about QPR was when Harry said he didn't think it's true. He's right too, you know
.
'I've even been linked with Chelsea with Avram as his assistant manager – can you believe that?
'I feel very honoured. I suppose it's a bit of recognition for what I'm doing here.
'People may be saying "Portsmouth might be in Europe, what's happened down there?"
'But I've told Harry I'll do another year here and I'll honour that.
'Other people do what they want. They've got their own values, standards, whatever.
'But as far as I'm concerned I looked Harry in the eye and said I would be here another year and that's what I'll do.' Report

re Kenny Jackett - Mail - No Jackett required - just yet - Millwall deny Kenny's the new Den boss
Millwall have denied they have already appointed Kenny Jackett as their new manager.
The League One strugglers sacked Willie Donachie this week and appointed Richard Shaw and Colin West as temporary managers.
But reports in today's newspapers suggest former Watford and Swansea boss Jackett has been given the job, a claim denied by the Lions.
In a statement, they said: "Reports that Millwall have already appointed a successor to Willie Donachie as manager of the football club are both inaccurate and premature.
"A short-list of candidates is in the process of being drawn up and interviews are likely to begin shortly.
"At this stage it is anticipated that an announcement will not be made until the latter part of next week at the earliest." Mail


re Marcus Bean - Blackpool Gazette - Transfer watch: Bean and Wiles
BLACKPOOL midfielder Marcus Bean, who is on loan with League Two side Rotherham United, is nearing the time when he makes a key decision on his long-term future.
Bean is in the Millers' side to face Brentford tonight, having just scored his first goal for the South Yorkshire club in the 3-2 win over Mansfield.
Bean, left, has struggled to make an impression at the Seasiders since signing from Queens Park Rangers.
But he says he has enjoyed his time at Millmoor.
"I've settled in
fine here – the boys and management have helped me settle.
"I'm here until November and then go back to Blackpool.
"I have to see how things go from there and try to sort out my future."
Seasiders' manager Simon Grayson recently resisted any temptation to recall Bean from Rotherham when the side was hit by a series if injuries. Gazette

Blog Archive