QPR Report Twitter Feed

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Chairman Paladini - Club in Good Hands

-
MIRROR/John Cross
"...The healthier financial outlook is a dream come true for QPR chairman Gianni Paladini, who has lived through some dark days at Loftus Road.
Paladini said: "We went through hell for years and years but Flavio came to the rescue at just the right time. Without him the club would have gone bust and I would have lost all the money I've worked for all my life.
"I re-mortgaged my house, my daughter's house, my mother's house and risked everything I had. I went all over the world to get people involved, and fortunately ended up with Bernie and Flavio.
"Bernie spends so much time on the telephone with me every day, sometimes he calls up to 20 times in a day. It's a good job we have wives, otherwise people would talk about us!"
Paladini said the performance of Rangers against the FA Cup holders showed him that they can prosper at a higher level.
"This has given us a taste of the Premier League and we want more," he said. "We came to Chelsea and didn't look silly. QPR will be back at Chelsea, and it won't be too long.
"This project is for three or four years and with all the new players who have come in we already look like a different team.
"I've been saying to Bernie recently that we can do the same thing at QPR as Roman Abramovich did at Chelsea.
"It wasn't like this at Stamford Bridge five years ago when Ken Bates was here. We can do the same thing at Loftus Road and we will." Mirror

The SUN
"....Encouraged by the performance, Rangers chairman Gianni Palladini is confident it will not be long before his club are back at the Bridge playing Premier League football.
He sold out to F1 billionaires Bernie Ecclestone and Flavio Briatore but Palladini revealed the extent of the new owners’ interest in football.
Palladini said: “QPR will be back at Chelsea and it won’t be too long.
“This project is for three or four years and with all the new players that have come in we look like a different team already.
“I’ve been saying to Bernie we can do the same thing to QPR as Roman Abramovich did to Chelsea. It wasn’t like this when Ken Bates was here.
“We can do the same thing and we will. Bernie spends so much time on the phone with me every day, sometimes he calls 20 times in a day.
“It’s a good job we have wives otherwise people would talk about us!
“I also work very closely with Flavio. It’s their decision to keep me as chairman and I’m happy with that. They have enough money and would tell me to f*** off if they didn’t want me!” The Sun

DAILY MAIL/Neil Ashton - Chelsea limp through as QPR are hit on the rebound
".... The result was incidental to Rangers chairman Gianni Paladini, who expects his club to be back soon at Stamford Bridge in the Barclays Premier League, thanks to the investment of new owners Bernie Ecclestone, Flavio Briatore and Lakshmi Mittal.
'If I dropped dead tomorrow I'd be happy because my aim was to keep this club alive,' said Paladini. 'We were two hours from going bust but now my aim is the Premier League.
"I mortgaged my house, my daughter's house, my mother's house and everything I had. I went all over the bloody world to get people involved, and fortunately ended up with Bernie and Flavio.
Every QPR fan should be proud and can relax because the club is in good hands." Daily Mail


SKYSPORT - Paladini - We were on the brink - Chairman reveals QPR concern
QPR chairman Gianni Paladini has revealed how the Championship club came within two hours of going out of business.
The Loftus Road outfit are now ranked as one of the most affluent sides in the country following investment from Bernie Ecclestone, Flavio Briatore and Lakshmi Mittal.
They enjoyed a taste of the high-life this weekend as they took on Premier League giants Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the FA Cup, going down to a narrow 1-0 defeat.
Manager Luigi De Canio has already embarked on a January transfer window spending spree with the R's hoping to regain the top-flight spot they lost in 1996.
But before Paladini persuaded Formula One duo Ecclestone and Briatore and Indian steel magnate Mittal to become the QPR's new owners, they were facing a bleak future.
Paladini told the Daily Mail: "If I dropped dead tomorrow I'd be happy because my aim was to keep this club alive.
"We were two hours from going bust but now my aim is the Premier League.
"I mortgaged my house, my daughter's house, my mother's house and everything I had.
"I went all over the bloody world to get people involved, and fortunately ended up with Bernie and Flavio.
"Every QPR fan should be proud and can relax because the club is in good hands." Skysport


And the "interesting" perspective of Daily Mail's Charles Sale: Daily Mail - Charles Sale
"...Despite their flurry in the transfer window, there still remains some doubt as to how serious QPR's new billionaire owners are about bankrolling the Championship club to the top of the Premier League. The £11million loan to cover the club's Loftus Road mortgage has yet to be paid off, while intriguingly steel magnate Lakshmi Mittal — the world's fifth richest man worth £20billion who now has a 20 per cent stake in QPR — still has his £1m-a-year Millennium box at Chelsea's Stamford Bridge. Daily Mail

Blog Archive