QPR Report Twitter Feed

Thursday, July 24, 2008

No! Real Madrid's Salgado NOT Coming to QPR

-
SportsYA -Salgado aims to end career at Real Madrid
Real Madrid right-back ruled out any chance of moving to Queen's Park Rangers because he wants to retire at the Spanish La Liga team.
After a business lunch he had in Vigo with Queen's Park Rangers new owners Flavio Briatore and Alejandro Agag, Michel Salgado ruled out any chance of leaving Real Madrid CF.
"I had lunch with two friends, and we talked about a thousand things. They told me about the project, and it's beautiful, but nothing more. I didn't think of moving because I'm happy where I am, I want to retire at Real Madrid unless I have some other projects not related to soccer", Salgado said.
"I'm not thinking about moving to England. I started this season at Real Madrid to be in shape and get tenth UEFA Champions League in addition to any other local league", he added. SportsYa


Goal.com Salgado: I Hope Robinho Is Happy
Real Madrid stopper Michel Salgado has weighed in on the issue of Robinho, stating that it is for the best for all concerned if the player can find his happiness...
....As for himself, Salgado admitted that more could be done from his point of view.
"I'm not happy with last season because they say I didn't reach the level of other years," he muttered.
"I didn't come here just to pass time: I want to play more, and I'd also like to help the youngsters integrate and improve on last year.
"But I liked the Salgado of last year. Physically I feel well: mentally there are things to regret, but I'm my best psychologist and thus there are no problems.
"Queens Park Rangers? I decided that I'll be ready to retire here instead." Steve Michaels, Goal.com

Blog Archive