QPR Report Twitter Feed

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Ben Sahar on QPR and Israel...Ed De Goey on Coach/Not Playing For QPR

-
Ben Kosky/Kilburn Times - There's better to come from Ben
"... "They've seen some of me, but they haven't seen me playing my best football," admitted the 18-year-old, who is on loan from Chelsea until the new year.
"I've played a few games now and, as a striker, it's really important for me to start scoring. I want to get my first league goal and show that I'm here to help QPR - and it will come.
"We need some results because we haven't started quite as we wanted to, but I have been impressed by the Championship - it's quick and strong and that's what I need.
"It's good experience for me to have first-team action and play every game in front of 20,000 people...." Kilburn Times

Kilburn Times - Gloves still off for retired Ed
VETERAN goalkeeper Ed de Goey admits he considered coming out of retirement when he joined QPR as a coach in the summer.
The former Dutch international, now 40, quit playing when he left Stoke in 2006, but could have re-registered with the Football League after taking up his role with Rangers.
"There were discussions about that, but at the moment I'm a coach here and that's the main priority," said de Goey.

"Maybe I'll play in training matches, but that's it - we've got capable goalkeepers here who can do the job."...
"...Mark Bosnich will not be turning out for QPR either, although he has been training with the club for over a month now...." Kilburn Times

Blog Archive