QPR Report Twitter Feed

Monday, October 01, 2007

QPR Make Loan Signing...Managerial Contenders

-
[Not announced by the club, but according to the Mail "Harford moved quickly to stiffen his team, last night signing Preston's former Wigan midfielder Jason Jarrett on loan"] Jarrett Profile Previous Clubs. Wikipedia Profile

Daily Mail - The Screamer
Mick Harford will be given a brief chance to make the QPR manager's job his own after John Gregory was sacked yesterday.
The axe fell after Rangers lost 5-1 at West Bromwich on Sunday to leave them three points adrift at the foot of the Championship.

Harford, 48, will take charge for the visit to Colchester tomorrow then has home games against Norwich and Ipswich and a trip to Preston to show new owners Flavio Briatore and Bernie Ecclestone he is the man for the job.
However, Gianluca Vialli, former QPR midfielder Martin Allen and Tony Adams are also in the running, while Paul Jewell is believed to have ruled himself out.
Harford, a coach at Colchester last season, said: 'I'd be naive if I didn't think some big names would be applying but I'm going to give it my best shot.
'I'm sad about John Gregory as he brought me in, but when I told him that the chairman Gianni Paladini offered me the caretaker job he told me to go for it.
'I know what the situation is. You win games, you get the opportunity to be manager.'
Harford moved quickly to stiffen his team, last night signing Preston's former Wigan midfielder Jason Jarrett on loan. Daily Mail

Blog Archive