QPR Report Twitter Feed

Monday, January 07, 2008

Chelsea re "Local Rivals" QPR - Drogba "It was a Difficult Game...Really Pleased" Chelsea Won

-
Chelsea Official Site - DIDIER: CUP GAMES ARE ALWAYS DIFFICULT
Didier Drogba returned to the Chelsea side that faced local rivals Queens Park Rangers on Saturday.
The Ivorian striker came on in the second-half during our 1-0 win over the visitors from Shepherds Bush, something the number nine was pleased about.
'I needed to play, I was feeling good, we were doing a good job with my knee and it's good to be back on the pitch,' explained Drogba.
'My objective was to come back as soon as possible onto the pitch because this is where I am happiest.'
A Claudio Pizarro shot led to a first-half goal in a game that saw QPR use their Championship football style of play to slowly beat at the Chelsea defence but without any real rewards, while their defence hounded our front men.
'It was a difficult game; a Cup game is always difficult. I am really pleased we won.'
One of Drogba's main aims for this season is to reach the FA Cup final for the second season in a row and keep the trophy at Stamford Bridge.
'This trophy has a big signification for us because it was the biggest trophy we won last year and as a team it was fantastic.
'If I can win the FA Cup again I would be very happy because this is something fantastic in an amazing stadium and I love the Cup games.
'To score at Wembley was something fantastic, for me especially to win it.
'I always remember Eric Cantona scoring a fantastic goal and winning the FA Cup when I was young so I wanted to play in the old Wembley, that was my dream.
'But I couldn't, so playing in the new one, which is amazing, and score the winning goal was something fantastic for me.' Chelsea

Blog Archive