QPR Report Twitter Feed

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Confirmation: Coventry Defender Gary Borrowdale (and Helguson) Joins QPR (Loan)

-
QPR Official Site - BORROWDALE JOINS ON LOAN
- Queens Park Rangers Football Club is pleased to confirm the emergency loan signing of Coventry City defender Gary Borrowdale.
- The 23 year-old left back has put pen to paper on a deal until 31st December 2008, and is in contention to make his R's debut against former Club, Crystal Palace, on Saturday.
- Speaking exclusively to www.qpr.co.uk, Borrowdale expressed his delight at the move, commenting: "I'm really pleased to be here - it's a great move for me.
- "Things have gone a bit stale for me since the change in management at Coventry, but I've got every belief in my own ability and I'm confident I'll be a success here."
- Borrowdale added: "It's a fresh start for me and I'm looking forward to the challenge that lies ahead." QPR


QPR OFFICIAL SITE HELGUSON RARING TO GO -
Buoyed by his recent goalscoring exploits for Iceland, Heidar Helguson is raring to go in a QPR shirt.
The 31 year-old, who could make his Rangers debut against Crystal Palace this weekend, can't wait to prove himself to the R's faithful.
"This is a good opportunity for me to play some First Team football," the Bolton Wanderers loanee told www.qpr.co.uk.
"I need to be playing regular football and hopefully I'll get the chance to do that here.
When QPR showed their interest in me, I didn't hesitate in making the move."
A scorer at Championship level for Watford in the past, Helguson is confident he can score the goals to fire Rangers up the Championship table.
"I've been brought here to score goals," he added.
"Of course it could take time to settle, like it does at any Club, but I am confident I can produce the goods for QPR."
Helguson will wear squad number 27. QPR

Visit the QPR Report Messageboard

Blog Archive