QPR Report Twitter Feed

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

FLASHBACK: Jude The Cat Joins QPR (Also Joining: Rob Steiner)

-
Marking one decade since QPR announced the signing of Jude the Cat(sadly put out to pasture last season, by QPR's new regime)

- Flashback to the News that Jude the Cat had joined QPR

[Or to discuss his departure/replacement - Jude and QPR

Also signing a decade ago: Rob Steiner

QPR Official Site - November 5, 1998 - SIGNING EXPECTED
RANGERS are hoping to sign Bradford City striker Rob Steiner on a month's loan with a view to a permanent transfer.
Steiner, 25, has won three caps for Sweden and was Bradford’s leading scorer last season with 10 goals. He’s 25 years old, 6 feet three inches tall and 13 stone.

Signing Confirmed the next day
QPR Official Site - November 6, 1998 FRANCIS GETS STEINER
RANGERS have signed Bradford City striker Rob Steiner on a month's loan with a view to a permanent transfer.
Steiner, 25, has won three caps for Sweden and was Bradford’s leading scorer last season with 11 goals. He’s 25 years old, 6 feet three inches tall and 13 stone.
Boss Gerry Francis said:"We had a loan spare - Tim Breacker has gone back to West Ham, as they wanted money for him. So I’ve been up and down the motorways scouring a few things and I’ve secured Rob from Bradford for a month.
"He will be a very good addition to the squad. Rob is a good size and a good age. He is very useful in the air and has a lot of ability. I’m pleased we have got him in and we’ve agreed a deal to sign him permanently after the month’s loan if everything goes o.k..."

See: Rob Steiner/QPR -
Rob Steiner talking about QPR
Thursday, September 20, 2007 - -Walsall MAD 2007 interviews Rob Steiner
"....5) You joined Walsall on loan in what was a truly amazing season. ...
I had around 8 or 9 other offers, 3 from Scotland and 3 or 4 from teams in the same relegation zone as QPR ... i didn't like to play for a team that could get QPR relegated so I went to Walsall. ......
10) Were there ever any chances to join us permanently?...
We had some discussions during the summer but my aim was QPR, I had my best friend in London and that suited me well. ...
11) You joined QPR, was it a happy move before injury?
"I loved to sign for QPR, that was my main goal and after a few other clubs were ready to offer me a better contract, I had some problems to justify my own discussion. But money isn't everything.... Oldham Mad

- [Visit QPR Report Messageboard]

Blog Archive